A Message on International Women’s Day from MSRIMarch 8, 2018
Award winner wants equal education rights for 40,000 refugee childrenJune 20, 2018
We have another opening:
The Senior Counsellor is an empathetic, dedicated confidant who understands the environment of MSRI and encourages empowerment individuals. S/he is a self-propelling professional who knows how to establish relationships and trust with clients. S/he is a calm and patient individual with experience in dealing with crisis situations, and implementing intervention programmes. The Senior Counsellor has a good listening ear, accepting without bias the issues raised by clients, whilst ensuring that confidentiality and reporting standards are met. We are looking for someone who:
- Is Malaysian
- Is highly fluent in both English and Malaysian languages (written and spoken)
- Is capable of communicating and engaging effectively with people of various backgrounds
- Is honest and transparent
- Has the drive to deal with a demanding workload and hectic schedules; and to deliver results
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage and oversee the operations of MSRI Mental Health Department.
- Provide timely and complete mental health monthly statistic data for UNHCR.
- Maintain and improve good relationship and communication with HEI or ICMC to serve clients efficiently and effectively.
- Conduct interviews and supervise trainee counsellors.
- Organise necessary internal meeting for certain cases.
- Provide counselling services for individuals, couple, group, families, and children.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of accepted treatment practices along with the ability to implement and evaluate the effectiveness of treatment plans and recommend alternate strategies as necessary.
- Provide the Mental Health Status Examination upon request.
- Follow up in regards to cases related to mental health.
- Assist in crisis situations as appropriate, following emergency protocols/procedures. Coordinate with the treatment team with interventions that support a trauma-informed environment for residents and staff.
- Provide input on all relevant documentation and procedural requirements.
- Coordinate with team members and support staff regarding client concerns, building/programme needs, and any issues relevant to ensure the smooth operation of the programme.
- Adhere to generally accepted treatment standards, departmental rules, organisation’s policies and terms and conditions of contracts or grants.
- Counsellors and trainee counsellors
- Masters in Counselling or Clinical Psychology or equivalent
- Licensed and certified counsellor
- Excellent English and communication skills
- Flexibility to respond to user needs
- Excellent in teamwork
- Attention to detail
- Keen to learn new skills
- Fluency in Arabic or Farsi language is another advantage
- At least 3 years of working experience in the related field
- Experience in leading and team management
- Experience in child, family and marriage counselling
- Experience in refugee work will be an advantage
- Basic knowledge of Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Google Mail