The Elham Livelihood Officer is an analytical professional who will primarily coordinate MSRI’s livelihood program, the Elham Project. The position works closely with the Program, Funding , Accounts Managers and wherever necessary with the Social Case Worker.
The unique value of MSRI in Kuala Lumpur is the one stop service for refugees and asylum seekers ranging from emergency support to food, health care, counselling, the Elham program, used furniture and household goods, donations, and education for adults and for kids from Kindergarten to 12th grade. MSRI is a flexible and learning organisation adapting to the constantly changing client needs.
Roles and responsibilities:
1. Establish and manage MSRI’s livelihood program: Elham Project.
2. Assess beneficiaries’ needs, define the Elham program, obtain funding, manage the execution and evaluate the effectiveness in accordance with MSRI’s standards.
3. Set up booths for Elham at events or bazaars when necessary.
4. Plan and implement sales, marketing and product development for Elham.
5. Manage and monitor Elham’s online shop.
6. Develop and/or improve communication material for the beneficiaries in relevant languages.
7. Take on tasks in addition to the descriptions above as delegated by the Senior Programme Manager or Executive Director that are deemed fair, achievable within the present task load and within the person’s capability.
● Minimum Bachelors in social or related studies or equivalent work experience
● Flexible and open to work on weekends when necessary.
● Firm in values like respect, integrity, empathy, accountability and professionalism
● Inspiring to beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and sponsors
● Creativity to serve beneficiaries with limited funds
● Excellent in teamwork
● Analytical and attention to detail
● Result and improvement oriented
● Program or project experience in profit or non-profit organisation for minimum 2 years
● Experience in livelihood program would be an advantage.
● Proficient in Malay and English; additional languages would be an advantage
● Proficient in Word, Excel and Powerpoint